My Blog List

Friday, July 10, 2009

A Movie Experience……

This movie was left unseen in the downloads, asusual waiting for a train journey. But it happened so, it was long forgotten as well. Luckily, today I watched it in train and co-passengers in my compartment seemed to be interested in watching a must watch but a very unpopular movie.

‘Ramchand Pakistani’ claims to be talking about a true story of an innocent kid and his father from Pakistan who are taken as prisoner by Indian Army just for crossing the border. As the disclaimer said, the characters were sketched with an unbeatable honesty. With every scene I feared if a difficult-to watch gory or violent thingie would crop up. But the ‘respect for the truth’ of the filmmaker made it least sensational and the most impactful story. It triggered a lot of questions and curiosity about border issues in the minds of the viewers through the movie and left us with a positive end but a senti feeling.

Hats off to Nandita Das , I respect her professional work. Reminds me of an idea in Bhagvad Gita which says such devoted tasks turn out to be inspirational for all others who even passively get to know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment